Happy Veterans Day to all my brothers and sisters in arms! It was an honor to serve in the US Navy and now that I’ve transitioned to the civilian world, I enjoy celebrating Veteran’s Day even more. The Veteran community knows how blessed we are to be Americans. I’ve traveled the world multiple times and been to amazing places and some downright scary places, one thing for sure is that it always feels good to get back home to America. Today is a wonderful opportunity to take time out for a Veteran in your life. Whether that person is a loved one or a co-worker, today is a good day to get to know more about them and their service.
It’s not always easy getting a Veteran to share their stories or experiences. For the civilian who isn’t sure what is ok to ask or how to get the conversation started, I’ve included a few questions here for you:
- What was your favorite part of being in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps or Air Force?
- Did you ever travel outside the US?
- What was the coolest thing you ever did in the military?
- What was your favorite country to visit?
- What is your favorite story from deployment?
- What is the aspect of serving in the military you are most proud of?
A big shout out to all the businesses that honor our military and recognize their sacrifices on this day. The range of discounts goes from 25% off of Brooks Brothers to 130 different Veterans Day Restaurant Offerings. Here is a link to restaurant, travel & recreation discounts and retailer discounts.
Happy Veterans Day!
Follow her on Twitter @AndiSuePhillips and join The Inclusiveness Leaders Linked In Group. For more information visit her website at AndiSuePhillips.com.
Latest posts by Andi Phillips (see all)
- Boulder Entrepreneurs Volunteer for University of Colorado’s #MBA Business Plan – Shark Tank Class - 29 November 2016
- Want a newsletter and content generator for your business?Use #Paperli - 28 November 2016
- Use Music & #Meditation this Holiday Season for your #Mindset #Management - 27 November 2016