There is a wonderful tribute to women who have served in the United States Armed Forces, and it is the Women’s Veterans Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery. I had the opportunity to visit this memorial; it is a beautiful and at times heart wrenching collection of the history of women who have served, and the impact women have had on protecting American liberties. It is inspirational!
As a non-profit, the memorial relies on donations to stay open. Currently, the memorial is at risk and may be closed and truly needs your help. Any donation would be helpful and appreciated.
For those unfamiliar with the memorial, the Women In Military Service for America (WIMSA) have declared the mission of the memorial as:
- recognizes all women who have served in or with the United States Armed Forces – past, present and future;
- documents the experiences of these women and tells their stories of service, sacrifice and achievement;
- makes their contributions a visible part of our history;
- illustrates their contribution equal to that of men in defense of our nation; and
- serves as inspiration for others.
To learn more about the history of women in the Armed Forces and the work that WIMSA does, check out their video.
Register: If you have served and would like to register, please visit the Women’s Memorial website and click on register.
Donate: If you want to make a tax-deductible donation, please visit the Women’s Memorial website and click on the red donate or support buttons.
Follow her on Twitter @AndiSuePhillips and join The Inclusiveness Leaders Linked In Group. For more information visit her website at AndiSuePhillips.com.
Latest posts by Andi Phillips (see all)
- Boulder Entrepreneurs Volunteer for University of Colorado’s #MBA Business Plan – Shark Tank Class - 29 November 2016
- Want a newsletter and content generator for your business?Use #Paperli - 28 November 2016
- Use Music & #Meditation this Holiday Season for your #Mindset #Management - 27 November 2016