Thanksgiving is a special time of year for me – I enjoy time with family and friends and sharing special meals. One of my favorite fall dishes to make is fresh cranberry salad – it tends to be a big hit when I make it, so thought I’d share my recipe. First thing I do is go to my local #WholeFoods Market and purchase the following:
- Walnuts (2 cups)
- Two green apples
- Two 10.5 oz cans mandarin oranges
- Two 1.6 oz boxes raspberry gelatin (or 3oz jello)
- One bag fresh cranberries
Prep all your goodies:
- Drain the juice out of the mandarin oranges into a measuring cup.
- Chop green apples
- Chop mandarin oranges in half
- Cut walnuts into smaller pieces
Get the cranberries ready:
- Check your jello box and see how much liquid is recommended. Cut that in half for this recipe. (If jello box calls for 4 cups of liquid – then use only 2 cups of total liquid).
- Add water into juice to achieve liquid amount as described above.
- Place measured juice/water into sauce pan and add cranberries.
- Heat cranberries in the juice on medium heat until a soft boil is reached.
- The cranberries are done when you start hearing them pop.
Get the gelatin ready:
- Pour hot cranberries with the juice/water mix into a glass dish.
- Add gelatin (or jello) by sprinkling it throughout the dish.
- Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add chopped mandarin oranges and apples.
Finish up by stirring in the walnuts and chill for one hour.
This side dish lasts for a few days in the refrigerator so can be made ahead of time as well. Enjoy this cranberry salad recipe and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.
Have a wonderful #Thanksgiving holiday!
Latest posts by Andi Phillips (see all)
- Boulder Entrepreneurs Volunteer for University of Colorado’s #MBA Business Plan – Shark Tank Class - 29 November 2016
- Want a newsletter and content generator for your business?Use #Paperli - 28 November 2016
- Use Music & #Meditation this Holiday Season for your #Mindset #Management - 27 November 2016